Friday, November 25, 2011

Linden Realms

Experience a whole new side of Second Life in Linden Realms — quest, conquer and gain Linden Dollars! For Premium Members only. Visit here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Nysray/128/128/79 or direct link here: NysrayHere.

Linden Realms

So I've been hearing about the premium beta of Linden Realms for premium members and got curious. Apparently there are various "portals" around the grid to go to special places, and get free things. I went to the SL destination guide and saw some of these listed. I saw at least 6, Nysray, Bricker, Prodesse, Exemplar, Formonsa, and Mirus. I tp'd to Prodesse and asked someone there was what going on and the purpose. She said the area is a sandbox for premium users. I figured there had to be much more to it than that. So I tried the next one, Nysray. When there I picked up another gift pack that contained furniture crafted by Colleen Desmoulins of The Loft.
Linden Realms premium beta
There is a zip line to a portal in Nysray. Kara on Phoenix viewer saw the portal as a big grey blob but Krys saw the portal as a cool entrance portal (as she is on Firestorm and can see Mesh) and Kara followed her in. Once in it automatically loaded a whole different interface and game. It automatically attached a hud. It had a menu and explained in script what to do. The first challenge was to gather 3 colored crystals. In my first attempt I wandered into some bad water trying to pic up a crystal and was instantly killed and sent back to a landing point. My next attempt got me killed by a moving bolder type thing that chased me and ran me over. I switched directions going up a hill to pick up some crystals of two of the needed colors. From there I cam'd the area for the elusive red crystal and to see what was around. I saw huge rocks with faces spewing lava boulders that also looked lethal and other interesting sites.
portal_003
The graphic design was of a more cartoonish nature than SL. Parts of it are mesh. I'm not totally into quests or games if given a choice of my normal social interactive SL type play, so that was about as far as I got. I asked someone else there what they thought of it and the response was, that it's interesting, but not exciting. Exactly what I thought. I am wondering if LL made this for new avatars to learn how to manipulate in the form of a game, and/or as a reward for premium users, maybe geared more toward newer users or something. Or maybe it's in part testing some things. Maybe I'm not a typical gamer. SL to me is very social and more about what yo make of it. No rules or getting killed by a rock involved in my normal play. Anyway, it was very interesting and I guess some people really like it a lot. Maybe a fun way to gain extra Lindens. Here's what SL site has to say about it: " Linden Realms takes you through basic exploration and game-play, where you can earn Linden dollars by gathering gems and completing quests." Read more about it here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Realms-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/1057471 or direct link here: LLRealmsInfoHere.
Portal

No comments:

Post a Comment